CAREERS WITH SOSLAND PUBLISHING
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Our employees are:
-Committed to excellence.
Do you have what it takes? If so, you’d fit in well with us. Take your experience to the next level and join the Sosland Publishing Company team.
Associate Editor - Baking & Snack
This role is responsible for contributing engaging and meaningful articles with informative editorial content that will entice advertisers and showcase current industry trends relating to ingredients, formulating and equipment innovation in the wholesale-baking industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Contribute compelling multi-sourced feature-length articles to be used across traditional print and emerging digital platforms
· Establish, develop and maintain sources to provide relevant and interesting insight to the processing operations of the baking
· Identify news stories and work with editorial team to write, edit and post daily web stories as needed
· Assist with copy and design editing for monthly print publication and e-newsletters
· Attend trade shows, conferences, and plant visits to network with industry experts and build subject matter knowledge
Education and Experience:
· A BA/BS degree or higher in journalism or related field with 2-3 years’ experience
· Strong writing, editing, verbal and organizational skills
· Deadline driven self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
· Understanding of B2B/trade media and publishing
· Ability to understand and process technical information
· Knowledge of the baking and/or food production a plus
· Ability to travel
Sosland Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
@2017 SOSLAND PUBLISHING COMPANY