CAREERS WITH SOSLAND PUBLISHING
Since 1922, food industry professionals have relied on Sosland Publishing for timely information, news and commentary. Our broad selection of print and digital offerings provides rich editorial content and interactive tools to support leaders in their efforts to strengthen the industry through innovative business decisions.
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Our employees are:
-Committed to excellence.
Take your experience to the next level and join the Sosland Publishing Company team.
We are seeking a dynamic and persuasive Sales Representative to engage and develop new business relationships. The Sales Representative’s role is to increase brand recognition and generate revenue through print and digital advertising sales while meeting the diversified needs of our customers. This position will work primarily with the Baking & Snack publication in the wholesale baking industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop a deep understanding of each publication, it’s audience and the industry it supports
• Identify and establish new advertisers, cultivate long-standing relationships
• Utilize an investigative communication style to learn how our solutions could improve the client’s business
• Prepare professional proposals using MS PowerPoint
• Close deals
• Complete accurate and timely insertion orders for the ad coordination team and the customer
• Provide continuous follow up and customer service
• Provide activity and progress reports to management
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Competitive and tenacious with the ability to turn a rejection into an opportunity
• Knowledge of print and digital media landscapes
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Team player and customer service focused
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent long sales cycle experience in any industry
• Base + Commission
• Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life/AD&D, LTD, STD, EAP, Profit Sharing, 401k, PTO
Sosland Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tel. 816-756-1000 | (800) 338-6201 firstname.lastname@example.org
©2019 SOSLAND PUBLISHING COMPANY