CAREERS WITH SOSLAND PUBLISHING
Since 1922, food industry professionals have relied on Sosland Publishing Company for timely information, news and commentary. Our broad selection of print and digital offerings provides rich editorial content and interactive tools to support leaders in their efforts to strengthen the industry through innovative business decisions.
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Our employees are:
-Committed to excellence.
Take your experience to the next level and join the Sosland Publishing Company team.
Editorial Project Manager - IBIE
Sosland Publishing is seeking an Editorial Project Manager to lead the production of all editorial content for the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE).
Sosland Publishing is the official media provider for IBIE, a triennial show that draws more than 20,000 attendees and exhibitors from around the world. This nine-month project will begin in January 2019 and conclude shortly after the four-day show in September. Work includes the planning and management of all pre-show materials, onsite execution of all daily print and digital publications and any related post-show projects.
IBIE duties include:
• Support the Baking & Snack Editor and Publisher by successfully managing IBIE projects
• Delegate assignments for all IBIE products
• Set and maintain schedules and deadlines for editorial assignments and custom projects
• Create original IBIE editorial content for Sosland’s existing print and digital products
• Edit all IBIE content for quality, accuracy and style
• Work with IBIE show planners for editorial coverage and related custom projects
• Work directly with design staff on presentation of all pre-show and onsite publications
• Work with Baking & Snack editorial staff to coordinate cross-platform content
• Work with Sosland publishing staff on IBIE custom projects
• Travel as needed
• BS or BA in journalism or related field
• 3-5 years editorial experience (B2B editorial experience preferred)
• Experience navigating tradeshows with an understanding of tactical logistics
• Experience creating print and digital content
• Ability to maximize digital and social media platforms
• Strong organizational and task management skills
• Decisive and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to motivate, inspire and engage staff at all levels of the organization to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of food or baking industry a plus
Sosland Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tel. 816-756-1000 | (800) 338-6201 email@example.com
©2019 SOSLAND PUBLISHING COMPANY