CAREERS WITH SOSLAND PUBLISHING
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Our employees are:
-Committed to excellence.
Do you have what it takes? If so, you’d fit in well with us. Take your experience to the next level and join the Sosland Publishing Company team.
Associate Editor, Markets:
Sosland Publishing Company is seeking an Associate Editor, Markets for our Milling & Baking News and Food Business News Publications. This role is responsible for collecting market data and writing market commentary on various food commodities such as wheat, corn, soy, flour, sugar, eggs and others. An understanding of markets and their economic value will support the news-enriched quality of these publications.
The ideal candidate:
• Excellent researching, interviewing, writing and editing skills
• Identify and analyze market data with urgency and accuracy
• Ability to find, develop and maintain sources for market columns and stories
• Provide readers with insights related to commodity markets and trends
• Proven ability to meet deadlines while managing articles at various stages of the writing process
• Develop compelling and informative editorial content to be used across traditional print and emerging digital platforms
• Ability and willingness to travel to conferences and other industry events
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Economics, Business or related discipline
• 5 years previous writing experience
• Experience writing in a journalistic/reporting format
• Knowledge of the food based markets preferred or demonstrated interest in learning the market industries
• Experience using Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience writing for a B2B publication preferred
Sosland Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
@2017 SOSLAND PUBLISHING COMPANY