CAREERS WITH SOSLAND PUBLISHING
Since 1922, food industry professionals have relied on Sosland publications for timely information, news and commentary. Our broad selection of print and digital offerings provides rich editorial content and interactive tools to support leaders in their efforts to strengthen the industry through innovative business decisions.
We’re always on the lookout for new talent. Our employees are:
-Committed to excellence.
Do you have what it takes? If so, you’d fit in well with us. Take your experience to the next level and join the Sosland Publishing Company team.
Digital Media Project Coordinator & Designer
With oversight from the Director of Digital Media, this position will coordinate various projects including the design and development of Sosland’s websites, newsletters, and other digital products in collaboration with ePublishing. Responsibilities include the administration and end-user support of the ePublishing CMS. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the design and development of Sosland Publishing’s landing pages, web forms, HTML email, custom publishing digital products (i.e., microsites), and other digital products required to support our audiences’ online experience. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively coordinate multiple projects, communicate, work well with co-workers and suppliers and has a strong understanding of both graphic design and front-end programming.
• Coordinate project tasks related to the design and development of Sosland’s various websites, microsites, newsletters, and other digital products
• Administration of ePublishing’s content management system for our websites and newsletters
• Serve as a vendor interface on projects, helping to define vision, clarifying strategic requirements, explaining complex ideas clearly, and managing expectations
• Lead project life cycle including goals, deliverables, timelines, creative development and technical development, ensuring successful completion of all project phases
• Provide status updates and manage timelines to ensure all deadlines are maintained
• Develop and present wireframes and designs to internal and external customers
• Collaborate with the Digital Media team and other stakeholders to define project specifications and offer creative solutions
• Comprehensively test development projects on varying devices, browsers, and applications
• Support initiatives to explore and expand video and podcast editing
• Ability to adapt, improvise and provide solutions
• Ability to work well under pressure with time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude
• Focus on internal/external customer service
• Reliable and self-motivated person
• Demonstrates passion for delivering exceptional work while balancing time and customer expectations
• Possess a strong intellectual curiosity and ability to learn emerging digital trends
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field
• Excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills
• High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
• Understand differences between delivery platforms (such as mobile vs. desktop) and optimize output to match the specific platform
Sosland Publishing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, handicap, military or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
©2018 SOSLAND PUBLISHING COMPANY