This position supports the daily operations of the Audience Development department and reports to the Audience Development Manager. The Audience Development Department is responsible for maintaining and growing the reader distribution database for all print and digital Sosland products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains magazine schedules for printing, mailing and distribution. Provides print order instructions, maintains regular communication with printers and mailers, distributes office copies and provides oversight of inventory, archives, bound issues and off-site backstock.
- Acts as key liaison to customer database provider to ensure publication schedules are met and issue instructions are being processed accurately. Troubleshoots and resolves customer record or other database issues.
- Deploys targeted email campaigns including list selection, email set-up, testing and scheduling. Prepares monthly email activity reports.
- Handles customer subscription inquiries. Utilizes customer database for lookup and resolution. Provides circulation statistics and demographic information to support advertising department needs.
- Applies proper coding to identify demographics, queries selections in database, generate prospect lists, and tracks response.
- Maintains and organizes magazine inventory
- Maintains and files records for preparation of biannual circulation statements and annual audits.
- Secures and catalogs all issues of printed publications. Schedules annual binding of bound volumes and distributes to requested locations.
- Coordinates shipping requests to fulfill customer orders as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to manage multiple projects, handle a diverse workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strategically focused and results driven self-starter
- Strong subscriber/member database management and MS Excel skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Team collaborator with a compelling communication style and positive attitude
- Ability to lift boxes up to 25 pounds
Education and Experience
- Degree preferred or equivalent experience in a related field
- Data entry experience required with strong proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Targeted marketing experience preferred
We are currently seeking an experienced and adaptable Executive Assistant to support the daily operations of our executive team and family office.
The Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality. This well-organized and task motivated individual will be able to prioritize requests and enjoy the demands of a busy and fluid work environment.
Empower the executive by providing exceptional support; anticipate needs, wants, challenges and proactively solve problems with a sense of urgency
Calendar Management – schedule, coordinate, organize and plan in-person and virtual business meetings, board meetings, personal meetings and appointments, travel dates, community events, etc. Provide follow-up reminders and details to prepare executives
Travel Management – research, plan and prepare travel itineraries for domestic and international trips; includes visas, passport (renewals), required travel documents, accommodations, connections, transportation and transfers, online check in, expense reports and receipt management
Prepare reports, meeting and presentation materials, agendas
Gather mail (sometimes offsite) for review, distribution and processing
Process charitable requests, gift allocations, memberships and dues
Manage the timely entry and payment of the executives’ household utilities and other bills; balance bank reconciliations
Assist with the completion of periodic forms and registrations for personal and business use
Transcribe editorial interviews
Scan documents for secure document storage
Other support duties as assigned, overtime possible
Projects a professional image with an understanding of corporate etiquette
Professional written and verbal communication skills
Strong time management for self and others
Resourceful problem solver with initiative and confidence to follow through
Must maintain discretion and integrity
Excellent attention to detail with the ability to organize and track data
Willing to learn and adapt to new processes and initiatives
Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
7 – 10 years of experience in an administrative support role
Travel management required – both domestic and international with multiple forms of air and ground transportation
General bookkeeping/financial skills – Experience with Quicken preferred
Proficient with Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Proficient with office equipment (printers, scanners, phones, tablets, etc.)
Licensed Notary a plus
Previous transcription experience a plus